Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A-Motivational Work Day...

Do you ever yearn so much for freedom that you can just TASTE it? I do. Pretty much on a daily basis. I try to remember just how lucky I am because even though I am in a corporate role (marketing services for a software company), I get to work remotely from home. That's a helluva lot more freedom that most in the corporate rat-race get.

But even without being trapped in a sea of putty-colored cubicles and sterile office-spaces, the daily grind, the red tape, the outrageous lack of communication and silos of teams working in different directions on the SAME things blah, blah, blah - well - it gets to you. At least it gets to me. I mean, what does my job do that really matters in any way? Really peeps, I'm interested. What does the corporation I work for do that has any meaningful impact on the world? My goodness, I sound like a hippie.

Just hate that putting in long hours and doing a ton of work AND the fact that it sucks up so much TIME.

I would rather be "working" on:
  • Cleaning and organizing my house - getting on a sensible rotation of tasks that keep everything clean and running smoothly (currently it's neither clean nor organized and there is NO system a'tall)
  • Painting the fence and all the trim on the house
  • Creating my art (acrylic/canvas mostly and I haven't done one in about a YEAR - no time)
  • Improving the front landscaping and maintaining it
  • Learning about and BUILDING a functional raised garden to grow our own produce
  • Becoming really skilled in nutrition and feeding my family tasty (keyword) plant-based meals and snacks
  • Spending time daily with my kids for fun, crafts and education on a good set schedule
  • Building a family website, creating shutterfly photo albums, creating and posting videos and maintaining this here blog - which I ENJOY and I feel will be so very valuable to our family if I can just do it...
The list goes on and on - these are all really important things to me - but they all take a lot of time so I do a little bit of some and only plan on the rest for now. Because doing all of the above would be a full-time job.

OK - so now I'm done venting and I gotta get back to work - I'll just keep tackling what I can and dreaming of a better way.... AND, remembering that I'm truly blessed to HAVE a job and the comforts that go with that stupid paycheck. God has me right where I'm supposed to be for now and I am OK with it.

Now I feel better - happy thoughts peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment