Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Color Me Kooky Peeps - Fer Serious

OK - so I have a passionate desire to capture my present before it just slips away. I used to keep a journal WAY, WAY back in the dark ages when I was a kid and into my early 20s. That wonderful habit of writing down my experiences and thoughts, my dreams and tragedies, got dropped the minute my life picked up speed. The thing is, when I read through those old journals now, it's like reacquainting myself with a person I've long since lost touch with. I get to see myself and vividly recall things that I would never remember without those rambling entries from a previous life.

Ever since I got married and had my two gorgeous and amazing teeny-weeny's, I've had the most wonderful intentions of savouring every moment and capturing them. I even started a blog in late 2009 when Jack was 3 and Lulu was just 15 months old---AND I did three, count them, THREE whole posts. Ugh. Too busy with work, marriage, younguns and my knack for procrastination. Now my son is about to turn 6 and my baby girl just turned 4 yesterday.

What I "swore" to myself would never happen - is happening. I have no photo albums done (shameful confession for a MOM, I know) and so many really cute phases and quirks are just over and gone.
So, in a nutshell, that's why I'm starting fresh - NOW - to capture my family life, my thoughts and opinions and the love I have for my husband and kids along with the adorable junk they do so that it's out there for me (and more importantly, for them) down the road.

This new attempt stems from a recent encounter with Shutterfly. I basically stumbled onto the Shutterfly site, realized the possibilities and created my wedding album. It turned out so good and I'm so happy to finally have it (7 years of marriage and I just did the album peeps). I'm now working on a "first year" album for Jack and want to do one for Lulu too. That lead me to YouTube as well and that got me back to thinking about this whole idea and that failed blog attempt. So here I am. I got me TONS of pics, TONS of video, a YouTube account and some determination.

This site, the YouTube site, the photo albums - all of it is for me, of course, but its for my husband and my kiddies too. All three of them are stinkers and I love them very much. I'll be uploading links to videos shortly and I've posted the infamous 2009 Blog FAIL entries on a separate "2009 Blog Fail" page (link should be on right-hand nav). How's THAT for dedication?

So here's my family as they are now - Jack is turning 6 in August, Lucy just turned 4, Clark and I are just OLD and Corbin, our cool canine baby, is three.

Above and Below: Both kids are addicted to their goggles though Jack also likes the full-on snorkel gear - it's all about "equipment" doncha know ;-)


Below: First date in a LONG while, June 28, 2012 while visiting his folks in Tennessee (guess who's watching the babies - MOOWA-HA-HA-HA-HAAAAAA)

Below: Corbin - got him from the pound on March 24 of this year and we ADORE this dog - truly, we got a kick-ass mutt. He's a "Bagle" which is a Beagle/Basset Hound mix and we think there's a tech-o-Corgi in there  too).

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Can't wait to read more, so KEEP IT UP :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice entry! It's funny -- for as much of a reader as I am, I've never been good at the whole journal writing thing. In the sturm and drang of my youth I made several abortive attempts to keep a journal. They all quickly devolved into lengthy, mawkish, rambling entries about whatever girl I was obsessed with at the time! Most embarrassing.

    I think you've got the right idea: keep it for the kids. Can you imagine if we had something like this for our childhoods? I loved the Lucy & Jack videos you posted on facebook and I think they'll get a big kick out of them when they're adults.

    ReplyDelete